Re: National Art Honor Society Chapter - 2nd request

---------

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 18:56:24 PDT

Hi Vivian -

We have a chapter at our school, but I'm not in charge of it - I just help out at times.

I'm not sure how much/what kind of info you're looking for since I'm not real sure about what is designated by the "organization."

I think the induction ceremony is pretty well prescibed - we seem to have some kind of script and a candle lighting ceremony. In the fall we had a speaker, in the spring induction we didn't because we distrubuted the cords and talked about accomplishments.

Community service points came up at different times of the year - pretty randomly. A lot of students got points for helping facilitate regional VASE. Often the students made banners and public announcement kind of projects.

We didn't really have any workshops last year, but there are a couple in the works this year - jewlry making and some sort of found object project. I'd like to so some tech projects with them for fundraisers.

And we had a vertical art show - for all the schools that feed into our high school. It was put up by the NAHS members and a panel of members and teachers judged.

I can't remember what else you asked. I'm here if you have more questions or need me to check on something. Feel free to email me directly or put my name in the subject to get my attention.

Dawn

V Moreira Komando <komandov@yahoo.com> wrote:

This is a second request fro someone that has a National Art Honor Society to share. We are starting a National Art Honor Society Chapter and would like to know if any of you have ideas to share on starting the Chapter, induction, activities, service projects, etc.
Thanks,
Vivian

Increase the Peace ~^~

http://members.cox.net/artzheart