First Day lesson - ALL students

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 16:10:19 PDT

For the first day assignment for ALL of my art classes, I gave them a
drawing assignment as they came in. I did not discuss any class rules.

During the first week, students are having schedule changes, so I'd rather
wait until the classes are "set" before going over my expectations and
having forms filled out and signed. If I do it on the first day, then some
of the new students end up missing out on this information.

I just posted a photo of the end result...all of their work was posted to
create a LARGE 8' foot drawing. I took each class out and we talked about
"team work" and how each person's small part was very important to the end
product.

There have been LOTS of positive comments by students and staff...and the
assistant principal LOVED it!

http://cyber.lenoir.k12.nc.us/khs/croberts/AP.htm

Carolyn Roberts

---