Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

SCULPTURE: LESSONS MS - HS: Contemporary artist to inspire

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 09:41:57 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Joe Cox and Cindi Heirs will be working on a portrait
bust lesson to submit to Incredible Art Department in
the future - using the Sculpture Book I have sent for
them to examine. The lesson will come next summer
sometime (if not before).

I thought I would re-introduce you to the work of
Getty list member:
Leila Galbraith from Australia

Middle School and high school student will be inspired
by her work. Check out her terra cotta scultpures.
Lots of ideas for your students. I am sure she will be
willing to answer your questions on "how to" do with

If any one you do a sculpture project inspired by her
work - do let the list know. I would like to put the
lesson on Incredible Art Department along with a
picture of your student work - and link to Leila's

Her Photo Album---

My high school students would have liked her work (I
did work similar to this -- not as good naturally --
with kids).

I looked at every photo album - the in progress works
were interesting to see as well. You will love the
dragon/gargoyle/fantasy creatures - as well as busts
-animal heads - owls and more.

I have Leila's email address if you would like to ask
her questions. Leila has given you permission to show
her work in PowerPoint.

IAD needs some good high school sculpture lessons.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources