using ArtTalk

---------

From: Randy Menninghaus (india99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 03:42:24 PDT

As the talk about this book continues: I use it mostly in 9th grade or art
1. I have made multiple guess or true false questions that go with each
section the book( I made them up) as I find the back of the chapter stuff
too general to put on the midyear and final. I cut the glossary/terms out
of all my books. Gasp! The kids were shocked. My co-worker teacher was
shocked. "I want you to read the book" I said. For the most part I deal
with loss of the books by having the book issued to the three students who
will use it in my three Art 1 classes that year, and they find their book.
It also helps to count them at the end of each reading time. It helps to
have special Ed buy their own copies. Actually in our school special Ed
tended to want a copy here and there and we lost several. And it is hard
replacing them because in our school, the replacement money for lost text,
in the event you find out who took the text, does not go back to the
teacher but the GENERAL FUND, and it is lost to your budget. I met Roslyn
Ragan at the national in 2000... It was cool to talk to her and tell her I
have used "ArtTalk" for about 15 years. Randy in Maine ( we have a new
puppy!!!)

---