Humble Masterpieces

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 11:39:39 PDT

Hi everyone, I am saw this in Dwell magazine a few weeks ago and it has been
in the back of my mind.

Then some other magazine (some home decorating thing that I still don't
remember subscribing to) had projects using everyday objects as artwork
(thumbtacks, post-its etc....)

and then I remember an article about a young couple and in the background of
their picture was a really interesting pattern on the wall (turned out to be
plastic coat hangers rotated and pinned to the wall)

and then I ran across the Warhol quote "I paint things I always thought
beautiful - thing you use everyday and never thing about" -

and I still have the postings about "how are you making BUYERS of art" and I
am going to put them together somehow in my room.

And 'elegant solutions' is one of my bigggggggggg things (aesthetically
pleasing solution in science and math - blending the three)....

Anyhow - thought someone might like the info on the show at MOMA Queens
titled 'humble masterpieces' - there is a list to download of items they
included... might be a good debate/discussion starter..

http://moma.org/exhibitions/2004/humble.html

http://www.manhattan.com/_art.php?feature=24

Since there is another Ellen, and another Ellen S. at that - I'll sign:

 Ellen Sears -

 kids come tomorrow...

---