ART HISTORY: ASIA: MASKS: Art Sri Lanka - Excellent Site

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 11:40:43 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Masks continue to be a top search on Incredible Art
Department. Mohan Daniel from Art Sri Lanka site found
my Getty post last year and has been giving me updates
on Art Sri Lanka:
http://www.artsrilanka.org/

Art Sri Lanka - Excellent site on art history,
Buddhist art etc. Click on Masks - lots of images -
types and meanings. Preview the Art Today - I viewed
some of the 43 Group - to see how you can use this
contemporary art with your students. I recommend the
non-flash version - but you can decide. (I felt html
version was easier for students - but you may prefer
Flash).

I have this site linked on:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/oriental.htm
 Click Sri Lanka at the top.

Find out more about this educational web site:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/srilanka.htm
 (this file will be on line for a limited time)

For more masks from around the world - Go to Getty
ArtsEdNet June 2003 Archives. I have not even begun to
what all is still on line. Too bad I didn't get any
new lesson plans/ideas to add them on. Happy surfing!
I do have all of the links saved - feel free to email
me and tell me what you are looking for.

Regards,

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker