Re: text books in h.s.

---------

From: Gabrielle Bliss (Gabrielle.Bliss_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 06:03:51 PDT

Hello Mike, Teacher's resource book? I've never seen it! I think I'll
just ask the department chair when we get back in a week here!
I'm not too fond of the quetions in the text book although I've been
known to assign them for students who have been gone for 2
weeks or so. What seems to work best for me has been
1) Read the chapter aloud in class. I always ask for volunteers so I
don't call on someone that can't read. Also- give participation
points to volunteers.
2) Questions and worksheets are not fun and don't get done. Go to
puzzlemaker and make a crossword puzzle. ( For really new stuff,
like principles of design I also do a work find before the unit just to
familiarize them with the word. Most of them love to do the puzzle
stuff.
3) If you are ambitious, ask them to choose their favorite artwork in
the chapter and write about how the element or principle applies to
that work.

Let me know what works for you- I'm always looking for new ways
of doing things and we are supposed to have classes of 45 this
year.

Gabrielle Bliss, Minneapolis