Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Creative Strategies to Teach Art Criticism

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 16:38:11 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Patty Knott has shared a portion of a paper whe wrote
on teaching art criticism. Her lesson ideas are for
photography - but can be adapted to other art forms.
Patty's ideas bring in Multiple Intelligences.

Craig Roland gave permission a while back to share
these questions on the site:

These files are not linked up for the general public
-they are in this folder for you to download and
"tweak" for use in your classroom (credit these
authors). If these files interest you - save them into
an Art Criticism folder.

In the next few days - I will be looking through the
folder to see what "goodies" there are to post again.

Best wishes,

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department