Wacky Names for Colors - NEW Greg Percy song

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 11:57:32 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

Thank for your post Edith...This reminds me that Greg
Percy has a new "Songs in the Key of Art" coming out
(Volume 4)-- and one song deals with the strange names
of colors. How many different ways can we say
Yellow-green (or Green-yellow)? Lime,
Chartreuse....and just what kind of green is bilious
green? Somewhere between chartruese and olive I
suppose.....and is teal a green blue - or is it blue
green?

What if you made your own chart of all of your crayon
colors (with color swatches for each color)- and
listed what Crayola calls them in one column - then in
the next column list what you want to call them?

Edith- hope to hear more from you. What have you found
in the line of Art and Music ideas?

Cheers,

Judy Decker