Re: crayon colors and accuracy [Incident: 031009-000023]

---------

From: wendy free (wendypaigefree_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 11:50:32 PDT

instead of being angry at crayola, why not try to turn it into a learning experience with your kids? i think it'd be pretty hard to get a pre-made, mass-producted pigmented set of anything that matched everyone's color wheel references. the info crayola sent is interesting. how colors are perceived, named, etc. - great topics for discussion and exploration. personally, i love some of the funky crayola names, like the macaroni and cheese color! the only color name i dislike is the old "flesh", for obvious reasons.

:D wendy