Re: Question about DSL ???????

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 15 2004 - 19:16:34 PDT

We have had Earthlink DSL for nearly 4 years- It is very reliable. We
rarely have had any problems, and the few times we have, resetting the
modem and restarting is all it took to straighten it out. It is fast,
but I haven't used cable, my nephew says his cable seems a little
quicker, but it seems my computer loads pages and downloads awfully
quickly.
We have 2 desktops, a laptop and now another laptop I just got from
school- all but the new one are Macs. I bought an inexpensive ethernet
switch and all the computers are connected at the same time. We have
even figured out how to share files between computers. Haven't managed
to share printers, but really haven't tried. The Phone/DSL line comes
in the house, there is a little box that splits it into a phone jack
and data jack, then the data line goes to the DSL modem, then to the
Ethernet Switch, it has 4 jacks then to the computers. I wasn't sure it
would work, but it does fine.
Now I have switches at school so my 2 internet lines hook up the 8 old
macs I rescued from the trash.
We have liked DSL.
Heather
On Aug 15, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Woody Duncan wrote:

> I had cable in Kansas City (roadrunner) and I'm now on cable in
> Albuquerque (comcast). It's fast and reliable and they walk you
> through problems when they occur. My question is: how about DSL.

---