Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Art and Science Integration - Also African Music

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 19:40:08 PDT

For those interested in Art AND Science,

Here is a site I found today.

Artificial Anatomy -Papier Mache Models:
This web site highlights the National Museum of American History's varied
collection of papier-mâché anatomical models and provides additional
in-depth information not included in the original three-dimensional
exhibition. The exhibit showcases two major themes. It explores the history
and use of papier-mâché anatomical models, and, then focuses on their
construction, conservation, and preservation.

Do any high school science classes get into anatomy? Might be a good site to
share with them while you are making your papier mache Days of the Dead

Check out African Music Echos of Africa:
Dance music, pop, jazz, rock, rap, blues - there aren't many genres which
don't carry an element of African 'DNA' somewhere in their make up. The
music we love has its foundation in a blend of African and European sounds.
We look at the influence of the continent known as the "birthplace of

OK...that is the last one I will share -- I found these on Blue Web'n - Art
Activities link.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
Incredible Art Resources