Art of Mughal India Interactive site

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 18:52:53 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I am exploring some sites that were posted before.... Blue Web led me to
this interactvie stie on Mughal India:
http://www.mughalindia.co.uk/room.html
Great site for learning about Taj Mahal and miniatures - check the Art chest
(a bit of science in section on pigments) and file cabinet (many images
there too)- It is worth at least a visit from you if you are planning a unit
on art of India. You could try some miniatures of your own- use heavy
colored pencil - then burnish to a rich shine. Kids might like coloring with
gen crayons and burnishing...I am sure you can think of other possibilities.

Here is more info:
The British Museum produces this interactive website on Mughal India.
Totally Flash-driven, the site is set up to simulate a room filled with
various items including a globe, file cabinet, books, and a calendar. When
you roll over interactive items in the room, you can click and learn about
paintings, coins, weapons, jewelery and models from The British Museum's
collections. Don't miss "the Staff Room"
(http://www.mughalindia.co.uk/staff/main.html) -- pages developed to help
teachers. Several lessons are included as well as practical guidance on
classroom set-up, using the website, printing, and navigation.

I will be adding this site to my Art of India page.

This is the site where I found the link:
http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/bluewebn/contentarea.cfm?cid=1&atid=2
Well... I see that they now have the correct URL for Incredible Art
Department - but we only got 3 stars.
Also browse Visual Arts
http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/bluewebn/contentarea.cfm?cid=1&scid=7

Blue Web'n will be linked on my Curriculum Resources page.
http://www.kn.pacbell.com/wired/bluewebn/index.cfm

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/