Re: Olympics Opening Ceremony - Importance of ART

---------

From: Heidi McElroy (hmcelroy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 12:22:15 PDT

    I thought I would share this idea that I have with the listserv. I will
be having a substitute right after the opening day of school (for 2 days)and
here is my plan for my art one and drawing classes. I have printed George
Vecsey's Postcards from the Olympics from the New Times out and plan to give
1 or 2 postcards to each table of 4, asking them to read it to each other
and draw the image from the "postcard" that appeals to them. They will
then, collage the drawings together to create a visual postcard from what
they have read.
    I will have images of Athens and Greece on bulletin boards to help them
see it. We may have to do the collaging when I return.
    You can access the postcards on the web site <nytimes.com> under
Olympic coverage.
    What do you all think? Heidi in VA.

---