Olympics Opening Ceremony - Importance of ART

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 07:41:34 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I hope those of you teaching the Olympics video taped the opening ceremony
segment showing History of Greece through ART. What fun! Loved the costumes!
I can see many lessons coming from that.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/index.html
If you missed it --- Maybe they have some online? You have to enter your
Visa card number to view (and I won't do that).

And those Greek vase costumes....pretty neat. Ceramics bridge all cultures
.... and tell us a lot about the people. What kid of ceramics inspired
costumes could the kiddies design for America? What kind of historical
timeline could the kiddies design through art?

Personally - I would of liked to have seen more ethnic costumes in the
athletes. Too many suits and ties.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/