New Web sites - Origin -Tall Buildings - Ancient China - Package Design

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 11:03:21 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

I received my Scout Report today and have linked up three "new-to-me" sites
that were posted:

6. NOVA: Origins [Macromedia Flash Reader]
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/origins/
At NOVA's Origins website, users can "journey back to the beginning of
everything: the universe, Earth, and life itself." The web site offers a
series of interactive modules where visitors can decide if life exists on
other planets in the Milky Way....... [RME]

> This site is linked on the Math Science -Art page on my site

11. Ancient China [Macromedia Flash Reader]
http://www.ancientchina.co.uk/menu.html
This excellent interactive site, produced by the British Museum, contains a
wealth of information about ancient China. .....[TAB]

> This site is linked on my Oriental -Asian Art page

3. MoMA: Tall Buildings [Macromedia Flash Reader, pdf]
http://moma.org/exhibitions/2004/tallbuildings/index_f.html
The Museum of Modern Art's (MoMA) project, Tall Buildings, addresses issues
of technology, urbanism, and program for twenty five buildings designed
within the last decade. ...... [RME]

> This site is linked on my Architecture page

And here is one you may find interesting on product design and packaging -
for Poloroid

2. The Branding of Polaroid, 1957-1977
http://giam.typepad.com/the_branding_of_polaroid_/
Do you remember the little black box replete with its trademark color
stripes? It was the branding of Polaroid, a rather funny name, that sought
to, and did, take on the giant of the film industry known as Kodak. ......
[JPM]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2003.
http://scout.wisc.edu/

To receive the electronic mail version of the Scout Report each week,
join the scout-report mailing list. This is the only mail you will
receive from the list.

To subscribe the Scout Report, or to manage your subscription, go to: