Fun - Red Grooms 3-D portrait (printed on paper)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 13 2004 - 07:15:59 PDT

Greetings Randy,

I know that Red Grooms did 3-D portraits. You might
want to find a book of his work.
Often images you realy want don't come up in Google
image search - try usiing Google web instead if images
doesn't give you what you want.

Anyways... Here is one Red Grooms:
Dali Salad:
http://www.tfaoi.com/aa/4aa/4aa446.htm

All I am able to find online quickly is Dali Salad:
http://www.carolinaarts.com/1003gibbes2.html

Oh - here is Gertrude Stein:
http://www.npl.org/Media/Features/portraits/Image2lg.gif

Not what you were looking for --but a GREAT idea for a
lesson. "Portrait bust of an artist" This has to be
Mondrian:
http://www.maccsi.org.ve/coleccion/04%20Grooms.jpg

Red Grooms in Google Image search brings up more 3-D
lithographs (idea adaptable to cut paper)

Here are some lesson ideas for Red Grooms - I know he
came up on the list a while back:
http://www.wtrac.tn.org/redgroom.htm

I know kids would LOVE to do Red Grooms type
portraits.

Judy Decker