Character Counts - for High School too - Ceramic Tile idea

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 06:18:30 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Christine Besack posted an article from Arts and Activities - which sent me
exploring on the site...

Here is an idea you can tweak for your school:
From Simple Posts To Pillars Of Character
http://artsandactivities.com/Page/article0204b.html

You may not have these wonderful columns out front of your school...so how
about making some yard art installations? Build a six inch by six inch (by
however tall you want) wood frame for each Pillar. Put an interesting cap on
each one. I know the idea is doable with kids. Let me know if you try it.
Maybe even think of it as a service project to do for the elementary school?

Christine - if you see this- you can order the article you posted for $4.00
from A and A....

For those of you reluctant to cut up your old Arts and Activities - here is
the link Christine posted to text articles:
Back issues of Arts and Activities magazines:
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HTZ/di
Text of the articles but no pictures. (I added this link to my Art Ed page -
and will add to IAD Magazines page)

Nov 2000 has an article
"A NEW SPIN CDs as printing plates" on using old CD's as etching plates.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0HTZ/is_3_128/ai_66380277
This has been posted to Getty list several time- shows a case of "like
minds" Art teachers do tend to come up with the same ideas. Dennis G. (?)
uses them for monotypes, too. I will be adding a brief "blurb" about this to
the lesson plans on IAD - linking to this article.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources