Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Character Counts - for High School too - Ceramic Tile idea

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 06:18:30 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Christine Besack posted an article from Arts and Activities - which sent me
exploring on the site...

Here is an idea you can tweak for your school:
From Simple Posts To Pillars Of Character

You may not have these wonderful columns out front of your how
about making some yard art installations? Build a six inch by six inch (by
however tall you want) wood frame for each Pillar. Put an interesting cap on
each one. I know the idea is doable with kids. Let me know if you try it.
Maybe even think of it as a service project to do for the elementary school?

Christine - if you see this- you can order the article you posted for $4.00
from A and A....

For those of you reluctant to cut up your old Arts and Activities - here is
the link Christine posted to text articles:
Back issues of Arts and Activities magazines:
Text of the articles but no pictures. (I added this link to my Art Ed page -
and will add to IAD Magazines page)

Nov 2000 has an article
"A NEW SPIN CDs as printing plates" on using old CD's as etching plates.
This has been posted to Getty list several time- shows a case of "like
minds" Art teachers do tend to come up with the same ideas. Dennis G. (?)
uses them for monotypes, too. I will be adding a brief "blurb" about this to
the lesson plans on IAD - linking to this article.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
Incredible Art Resources