FREE Poster offer from the Heard Museum (Native American)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 05:14:25 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Sara emailed me that the Heard Museum is again offering free posters.
http://www.heard.org/index.php
All you have to do is cover cost of shipping. Many used these last yaer in
the classes.

From the Heard:

Dear Teachers:

 It's the time of year when I have finished my workshops and I am able to
offer you art posters (approximately 11" x 14") by mail. This year we
participated in 3 grants, so I have a bonus crop to offer! If you want to
order, the flat charge is $4.00 per order (for up to 14 posters). So whether
you want one, two or all 14, the charge is $4.00. Send your list, your
address and a check (we can't take a charge for a sum that small), to: Heard
Museum, Education Department, 2301 North Central, Phoenix, AZ 85004. Your
check should be made out to the museum. Here's the list of posters new this
year:

 __ Purple Heart Bracelet (Navajo)

 __ Red Tailed Hawk Kachina by Dan Namingha (Hopi)

__ Gourd Basket by Terrol Dew Johnson (Tohono O'odham)

__ Ring by Monica S. King (Akimel O'odham/Tohono O'odham/Navajo)

__ Bracelet by Charles Loloma (Hopi)

__ "The Long Walk" by Narciso Abeyta (Navajo)

__ "Going Home" by Judith Lowry (Mountain Maidu/Hamawi
Pit-River/Australian)

 __ Teapot by Edison Cummings (Navajo)

Images still available from previous years:

 __ "Ozone Madonna" by Bob Haozous (Apache/Navajo/English/Spanish)

 __ "Sheltered" by Allan Houser (Apache)

 __ Basket by Annie Antone (Tohono O'odham)

 __ "Kiva Bowl" By Al Qoyawayma (Hopi)

 __ Rug by Sarah Begay (Navajo)

__ "Fear of a Red Planet" by Steven Yazzie (Navajo)

Hurry so you can get last years' selection too. I got many requests last
year asking me where folks could get a print of "Fear of a Red Planet" by
Yazzie. Indicate on your order that you want last years, too. Heard still
has some available. Here is the name of the person to contact at the Heard:
Gina Laczko,
Education Services Manager glaczko@heard.org

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)