RE: Music and Art

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 03:04:56 PDT

Thanks to Larry for posting your lesson on music and art - which song by
Santana did you paint to? I have done a similiar work with a variety of
music and imaginary talks with their eyes closed . Imagine you are
parachuted into the jungles of deepest Africa at night, I describe sounds
and smells, what is happening to them and I have them tell me the colours
they see , the lines they see - , I do another story that is very relaxing,
spring day, clouds flowers and carousel music in the distance we talk about
the colours and lines again it is a fun intro for a unit on Kandinsky.
thanks to Judy D for posting all of those sites and to everyone else, I've
been busy copying and pasting into my files.Many thanks to all who
responded. With so many suggestions and sites to check out I am tempted to
go into school one week early, just to rewrite my curriculum for the year! I
will have to make do with working once the kids are asleep. I taught summer
school for four weeks this year and don't think I will ever do that again.
Summer is almost gone. Enjoy the last days of summer. Cheers, Catharine in
Hong Kong

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/46165.asp

---