FREE Ceramics Post Cards (Marsha - and all)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 15:35:52 PDT

Dear Middle School/High School Ceramics Teachers,

I have a group of contemporay ceramics postcards that
I would like to "gift" to someone who is willing to
submit one lesson to IAD for ceramics (that is not
already on the site) - Most of the cards I have show
decorating techniques.

All you have to do is send in ONE high school ceramics
lesson plan for Incredible Art Department. I want a
picture of student work, too....and
preferably a lesson plan that deals with decorating
techniques as that is what most of the cards are
about.

Do I have any one who wants to "make a deal"? - The
site doesn't need a basic coil pot lesson - or basic
slab lessons... Do you have a WOW lesson to
share? Any ceramic sculpture lesson?

Here is one artist that is represented:
Pat Custer Denison:
http://www.galleryoneand2.com/denison.htm
http://www.artistsnorth.com/denison/default.htm
http://www.artistsnorth.com/denison/denisonpage2.htm
Can't you just think of all sorts of lessons using her
work?

There are also three David Stabley postcards.
http://www.stableys.com/david/
Maybe someone will do a lesson using his painting on
black technique? He paints his pieces a flat black
acrylic - then goes in with oil sticks (you can do
something similar with oil pastels).

Please only reply (off list with snail mail address)
if you really do intend to send a lesson plan. I have
lots of sites I can send your way, too (that aren't on
my site yet)

Marsha - if you see this - send me your snail mail and
I will send them your way if I don't hear from anyone
new.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker