Take 5 - Art and Music - Bridging the Curriculum (Pam - Edith)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 12:29:48 PDT

Greetings Edith, Pam Stephens and all),

Edith, I have never seen the back of these prints to
see what they offer - but I can assure your the
lessons are good.

Crystal Productions' Take-5 prints, "Interdisciplinary
Connections: Art and Music." Artists in the set are
Bearden (jazz), Warhol (classical), Thomas Hart Benton
(American country), Mary Ann Jones (rock and
roll), and Alan Crite (celebratory marching band).

Pam - would you be willing to share one lesson idea
for each one? To entice folks to buy them? I have all
sorts of ideas swimming in my head to use them and I
know you already came up with all of them.

Also - Pam has an entire chapter dealing with
Art/Music integration in her Bridging the Curriculum
through Art (Crystal Productions). Maybe we can twist
Pam's arm to share one idea from the book? I wanted to
buy this book for our school library - but was turned
down - so sad to say, I never saw it. I just know it
has to be good... I had many prints from the series of
Take 5 - all good - and many that Pam and Nancy worked
on.

I may add the book and prints to my Comprehensive Arts
page.... soon. Now that the interest in an integrated
curriculum is picking up - I may start thinking about
a separate section for each....always something to do
(grin).

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker

=====