Re: moving to middle school

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 17:02:21 PDT

I have to agree with everything Sidnie Miller said about teaching
art at the Middle Level. I taught in the same inner city Middle
School in Kansas City, Kansas for 27 years till I retired a year ago.
I loved it every minute of it. Like any school make friends with
the secretaries and the custodians right away, it will pay off.
You need to have the right personality and state of mind to teach
that level but nothing beats it. I have lessons and ideas on my web
site and my old school web site that you are welcome to take from.
The kids have lots of energy and enthusiasm so enjoy it all.
                                Woody in Albuquerque
http://www.taospaint.com
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/

--