Re: Table Artists - Nnaell

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 06:37:03 PDT

Thanks Nnaell,

Looks like you might get lucky.... Some of your
artists are on other lists from members. I will be
putting "Know the Artist" pages up on IAD for members
who have contributed to the site. I know I won't have
them up by the first day of school....but they will
all be there within the first week. I have two site
contributors right now I am working on (and maybe a
third - in Jan Hillmer does table artists this year).
I will save your artists to make sure I do have some
resources for the students to find. I am planning the
launch page to be something like:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artists.htm
so all the kiddies would have to do is go ot your
bookmark for Incredible Art Department then type in
artists to find their special page.

I will track the "action" that launch page gets over
the course of the year to determine if I should do it
the following year. My goal is to get more students
turning to IAD for help, too. Maybe I will get lucky
and they will click on IAD Resources button someday
and see my "treasure trove" of goodies? Maybe I will
even offer some of my resources for FREE to teachers
who get their students emailing me when they find
broken links?...or make the art teacher a gift Art
Doll?

Here is what I have online already

> Claude Monet - on my Artists page now
> Elsworth Kelly - on my American Art page now - just
Artcyclopedia link
> Vincent Van Gogh - on my Artists page now
> Alexander Calder - Links page already for Calder
> Chuck Close - on American Aritst page now - and on
Larry's lesson plan
> Elizabeth Catlett - On Af. American - American and
prinmaking
> Camille Claudel - (no link yet)
> Frida Kahlo - on American Art and Mexican Art page
> Faith Ringgold - on American and African American
> Georgia O'keeffe - on Artists and American Artists
and lesson plans
> M.C. Escher - Separate page for Escher/tessellations
> Frank Lloyd Wright....etc. - on American Artists

Georgia O'Keeffe is the first "Know the Artist" page I
will getting online. Maggie and Linda have both
selected her.

> Hope this helps!

Judy Decker