Re: Studio Art

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 09 2004 - 05:13:33 PDT

We have created a Studio Art I Class for 9th graders. These are
students who have had art 7th and 8th grade, have art interest,
and teacher approval. One simple difference is this, they dont
do the little exercises such as create a color wheel, we spend
about 20 minutes reviewing then they are on their own, using
different media based on choice. During Art I studio, they are
introduced to more technology, such as Photoshop. Yes, regular
Art I is introduced also but does not use it as much.

The students like it themselves because they are not in class
with those who just need the credit, they are with peers who
truly have the same desire they do and learn. Some can not
work the only slot for the class in their schedule so they are
in class with regular Art I. My students will use good
watercolors as opposed to maybe the Prang watercolor sets.
These are a few of the differences.

Bryan Texas 77802
austart@bryanisd.org (Art Classes)

Phone 979.209.2539