moving to middle school

---------

From: Mikel Lee (mikellee31_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 20:04:27 PDT

I am switching to middle school this year after
teaching at a top high school for the past 6 years. I
am looking forward to it, but I am wondering what the
major differences are in the age groups and what to
expect. I did some of my student teaching in a jr.
high, but you all know that is a surreal experience.
When I tell other teachers in my new district that I
am moving to middle school they laugh at me and say
"good luck" - they have made me really nervous. So,
if any of you great teachers have any advice to give I
have open ears!! Thank you already- Mikel