Contemporary- Classical Musician who paints

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 11:30:54 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is an classical musician who paint landscapes and still life - bold
colors - broad strokes...Kids will like her work (connect with Cezanne and
others):
Karen Pew:
http://www.karenpew.com/home.htm
Northwest USA - now painting in Germany

I am saving her for an Incredible Artist link - I may link her to American
Artist page.
If you like her work - make some selections for PowerPoint - if you need
more than Fair Use allows- email her.

I found her by this Google search "art relating to music" (with out the
quotation marks - you get nothing quickly).

Students do like seeing contemporary artists' work (not just dead guys)
.....and these sites are good for showing the value of contemporary art
(very few will ever be able to afford a Cezanne - but they might be able to
afford a Pew)

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/