More Artists Inspired by Music -Jazz- Abstract -Impressionsim

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 11:03:33 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Here is another link I will add to my Jazz page:
CELEBRATION: MUSICAL IMPRESSIONS
http://www.jazzvisionsphotos.com/celebration.htm
And Peter Michael DuFore
http://www.duforeartheaven.com/

Lots of Jazz photos:
http://www.jazzvisionsphotos.com/index.htm

An exhibit in Madrid in 2003 looked into this connection between art and
musuc - there is a book available - very pricey ..... works by 19th and
20th-century artists inspired by music, incl. Kandinsky, Klee, Sophie
Taeuber and some 40 others .......also...Study of the relationship between
music and painting, demonstrating the role of the musical model in abstract
painting between 1910 and 1920. Artists represented include Severini, Balla,
Malevich, Marc and Macke. Composers, such as Schoenberg, Scriabin and
Ciurlonis, were also painters, and their work here attests to the connection
between visual arts and music.

For your Impressionsist units...info for you:
http://www.dieu-soleil.net/ihistory.html

That about wraps up music for today.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)