Re: music and art complex

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 08:46:09 PDT

If performing arts gets a new auditorium, wouldn't it be lovely to have
a gallery somewhere in the "arts complex." My son's high school changed
to a Fine Arts Academy 6 or 7 years ago, mainly due to work by
performing arts parents and faculty, but the visual arts people are
equally involved now and while they have a beautiful theater on campus
built during the depression as part of the WPA, the visual art
facilities are not outstanding. They are getting new classrooms built
now for them and the Academy board (mainly a fundraising/ PR committee)
is working to get a gallery. I see the gallery as the Vis. Art
equivelent of the theater. It sure is nice to be involved with a school
that supports the arts all the way from students and teachers to
district admin. though, even if it is just as a parent.
Heather

On Aug 8, 2004, at 2:40 AM, Catharine Ho wrote:

> What wonderful timing! I would definitely use a page on music and art.
> Thanks for thinking of this Judy. My school has asked me to design
> lessons for grades 1 thru high on the theme of the performing arts so
> that they can do a fund raiser with an art auction and performing art
> greeting cards.( all by the end of October!) We are building a new
> auditiorium for the performing arts and they'd like the visual arts
> department to support it. I joked and asked if there would be an new
> visual arts room in 'the arts complex' and they went back to the blue
> print

---