Music History Timeline - Literature Timeline - World Events Timeline

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 07:12:53 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

My first stop was to see what my site already had to
offer on this topic.... I will go from there.

Here is one Music Timeline:
TIME-LINE: ROMANTIC MUSIC AND 20TH- CENTURY MUSIC
http://www.duke.edu/~aparks/170Timeline.html
You will have to add your favorites to 20th century -
Timeline is quite weak in that area....And I don't
know enough about 19 century music.... I don't see any
of the music listed that I found to play for the
"house music" when my hubby did the play "The
Importance of Being Earnest" (Victorian England
setting)

American Literature Timeline is EXCELLENT:
http://guweb2.gonzaga.edu/faculty/campbell/enl311/timefram.html
This timeline provides a short chronology of events in
American history and literature. Pre-1620 to 1920

And here is the start of a Timeline that is
"Comprehensive" as it does include some art - some
music - some literature....
Time-Line: 19th and 20th Century Events and Arts
http://www.duke.edu/~aparks/158historyarts.html
What I would like to eventually see is a column for
Visual Art - one for Music - one for Dance - one for
Drama (& Literature). Folks would have to scroll
across to get it all in (but maybe it would fit on on
landscape view to print off?)

These are linked on my Art Education page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/arted.htm
Click Timelines at top.... There are several Art Times
lines linked.

I am not making any promises that I will do this....
Now that two people are also interested - I am more
motivated to at least think about it.

As I find new to me sources - I will share them.
I know I found an American Music History Timeline last
year that I sent to Jan Hillmer (for her "Meet The
Masters" Series).

Jan Hillmer selects maybe four artists each year to
introduce to the students in a Comprehensive
presentation...combining some Art History - an Art
Hands on - music selections and a little drama. She
does this with the help of some dedicated parent
volunteers too. Think abou tit.... Comprehensive Art
is a LOT of work....try it with just a few units at
time....and build each year.

Cheers!

Judy Decker

=====