music and art and table artists

---------

From: Catharine Ho (catharineho_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 02:40:16 PDT

What wonderful timing! I would definitely use a page on music and art.
Thanks for thinking of this Judy. My school has asked me to design lessons
for grades 1 thru high on the theme of the performing arts so that they can
do a fund raiser with an art auction and performing art greeting cards.( all
by the end of October!) We are building a new auditiorium for the performing
arts and they'd like the visual arts department to support it. I joked and
asked if there would be an new visual arts room in 'the arts complex' and
they went back to the blue prints and said they could do it so we'll see
what happens. I will certainly be going to Ken S's website to use the
lesson he has on monochromatic abstract designs of musical instruments -
thanks Ken - these are awesome - I can see them framed in the music room
already! and I can see that this lesson will have a very high success rate
for all of the students.
RE - Table artists - I used Marc Chagall, Escher, Van Gogh, Frank Lloyd
Wright, Lawren Harris, and Gustave Klimt(sp?) I made the decision based on
which visuals I had at the time - I will change a couple of them to female
artists this year. I have a smaller bulletin board outside my door that
features a different table artist every 3-4 weeks. This year I am
considering giving them a worksheet to fill in on the table artists to glue
into their sketchbooks to encourage them to learn from the display. Thanks
for everyones input in this list. catharine

Linguaphone : Learning English? Get Japanese lessons for FREE
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/46165.asp

---