Re: vocab magnets

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 18:52:37 PDT

Good idea! I am going to be sure to include those kinds of words with
my EL middle school kids too. In our school, the honors teachers really
stress using "the language of the discipline". They try to encourage
the kids to talk like writers, historians, mathematicians etc. do. I
think we do that more than some subject area teachers just naturally,
but being mindful of it helps. If I am not thinking of it, I let kids
get by asking for the thingy with the points that makes circles, etc.
Heather
On Aug 7, 2004, at 6:53 PM, peggi brewton wrote:

> . And then I saw the list of "color" words, and thought, maybe, the
> media we use so often, particularly in this grade level:

---