Re: And how about MUSIC relating to ART?

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 15:20:33 PDT

Judy- that would be great! I try to do the same thing with my units. I
have found great prices getting music on CD from half.com. We listened
to spirituals and protest songs when we did a unit involving Martin
Luther King and Harriet Tubman. I use Vivaldi's Four Seasons when we do
designs involving the seasons. I used Medievil chants during our
Illuminations -
I would definitely use a page of connections between music and art
periods and cultures. My music IQ is pretty low, so I could definitely
use the help. One of the Language Arts teachers at my school is doing
the same thing with their novels and stories. I help her with the
visual art that connects to her units too- It is fun, the kids enjoy it
and so do we.
Heather

On Aug 7, 2004, at 10:22 AM, Judith Decker wrote:

> I would put a page on IAD if I thought folks would
> really look there first.
> - My lessons always included music from
> the time period or culture.

---