Re: Vocabulary Magnets

---------

From: houstonia nerd (houstonianerd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 10:55:10 PDT

Marty -

aesthetics
imitationalism
expressivism
formalism
instrumentalism
criticism
description
analysis
evaluation
judgement

I'm really interested in how the ones on the ceiling worked...How big are these magnets?
Will these be like the poetry ones?

Looking forward to seeing your new products - Dawn

Marand10@aol.com wrote:
Hey Everyone...
I need some help from you. I'm going to be manufacturing vocabulary magnets....and you'll be first to receive them....if you help me pilot this program.
1st - Whoever wants to participate, please send me 10 or more words that you intend to use and teach to your students.
2nd - I am planning on just putting the word on the magnet but I'm open to suggestions.
3rd - I'm recommending that IF you have a metal grid ceiling or magnetic chalk board that you use them. I use to do the vocabulary magnets for years...and it's time to share this with you...my principal flipped when during an evaluation, I asked kids about different words and heads looked up at the ceiling. I would discuss the word, etc. and then put it on the end of a broom (brush part) and raise it to the ceiling!!! They stuck on the metal grids....it was great. SO...from my silliness comes the new vocabulary magnets and will be sent to participants FREE of charge, except for postage. If you want to play....send me at least 10 words.
1st ten words =
Ceramic
Bone Dry
Bisqueware
Plastic clay
Slip
Extruder
Kiln
Glaze
Potter's Wheel
Underglaze

ok..your turn.
Night....or good morning...........................mARTy Reid

Oh yes......news flash for you! Buz and I are now the sole owners of Square 1 Art and we're thrilled with the freedom. We have great new items on the fire....debut at National. See you sometime soon.