Re: And how about MUSIC relating to ART?

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 10:22:20 PDT

Thanks Jane for your post,

I would put a page on IAD if I thought folks would
really look there first. It would take me many hours
to pull everything together. While we have Belinda
hooked on this - Maybe she can get with the music
teachers and come up with some key music
selections/composers to go with our art periods?

Here is an old post I made about integrating music
into the art room (yes - I know I violated
"copyright").

Judy Decker - My lessons always included music from
the time period or culture. For example: I had several
different CD's of rain forest music/sounds for my Art
of Haiti (jungle drawings) - plus had some Haitian
music. For Renaissance - I went to the local library
and borrowed all of the CD's/tapes they had and made
recordings to use. Did the same for all of my Native
American and African units. I had cultural music to go
with every lesson (some my own collection and some
belonging to the school). I went to all of the record
stores and bought what they had and then have
purchased several from Crizmac and Putumayo. I have
loaned these CD's out to other list members and will
eventually write up a list of what I have to loan them
out again. I have always looked for links online to
use with my Internet lessons (sound files) -most of my
cultural resources include sites where the students
can listen to music.

Belinda - let us know what your music people can offer
for us Art Teachers, too. Come up with some key units
that you teach - get some music resources to go with
those then share with the list.

If there is an interest - I will put it all online.
Only about four people were interested in the music
ideas list members had - so I never put that online.

Best wishes to you,

Judy Decker