Re: Vocabulary Magnets

---------

From: Marcy Bogdanich (marcy_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 08:50:14 PDT

Printmaking
Barin
Brayer
Inking Plate
Printing Plate
Monoprints
Stencil
Collagraph
Etching
Block Printing
Lino Cut
Lithograph
Silk Screen
Marcy Bogdanich
PO BOx 174
Mars, PA 16046
Thank you!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Marand10@aol.com
  To: ArtsEdNet Talk
  Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 1:47 AM
  Subject: Vocabulary Magnets

  Hey Everyone...
  I need some help from you. I'm going to be manufacturing vocabulary magnets....and you'll be first to receive them....if you help me pilot this program.
  1st - Whoever wants to participate, please send me 10 or more words that you intend to use and teach to your students.
  2nd - I am planning on just putting the word on the magnet but I'm open to suggestions.
  3rd - I'm recommending that IF you have a metal grid ceiling or magnetic chalk board that you use them. I use to do the vocabulary magnets for years...and it's time to share this with you...my principal flipped when during an evaluation, I asked kids about different words and heads looked up at the ceiling. I would discuss the word, etc. and then put it on the end of a broom (brush part) and raise it to the ceiling!!! They stuck on the metal grids....it was great. SO...from my silliness comes the new vocabulary magnets and will be sent to participants FREE of charge, except for postage. If you want to play....send me at least 10 words.
  1st ten words =
  Ceramic
  Bone Dry
  Bisqueware
  Plastic clay
  Slip
  Extruder
  Kiln
  Glaze
  Potter's Wheel
  Underglaze

  ok..your turn.
  Night....or good morning...........................mARTy Reid

  Oh yes......news flash for you! Buz and I are now the sole owners of Square 1 Art and we're thrilled with the freedom. We have great new items on the fire....debut at National. See you sometime soon.
  ---
leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---