Re: Students who forget their tools

---------

From: Jude & Frank (jgrochowski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 17:46:53 PDT

Joe,
    For what it's worth, I allow students to keep their sketchbooks, notebooks, etc. for class in our room in a bin, for when they are needed. If they need to take it home for an assignment, I find they usually remember to come back with it.
    I also have a pot of abandoned pencils, (some I pick up in the hall at night when the evening maintenance guy is sweeping) which are for loans. I say to the students that this are here for you to use, at the end of class, please return it so others have them available as well. If the pot is empty, I will tell the student to borrow a writing tool from a classmate and to hurry up, because we are waiting and if it's a writing activity I will wait while this is being done. I usually don't have to wait for long or a second time, if you catch my drift.
    This is also high school.
Hope this helps~
Jude

  I am in need of some advise on how to handle chronic forgetters. Students who continue to forget their pencil, paper and so on.

---