Students who forget their tools

---------

From: Joe Cox (bjcoxteachart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 13:10:28 PDT

I am in need of some advise on how to handle chronic forgetters. Students who continue to forget their pencil, paper and so on. I only require my students to bring a pencil, eraser, and a notebook or sketchbook.

  a.. Has anyone developed a good way that keeps record of how often a student forgets to bring the proper tools for class, or bring a pen, mechanical pencil instead of a regular pencil?
  b.. What do you do to help the student remember next class?
  c.. If they do forget do you lend them the tool they need? I do because I hate seeing a student set there with nothing to do?
  d.. How do you handle this problem with very little time disruptions?
I teach High School on a block schedule so I will see a student every-other day. Which sometimes its hard to remember from class to class who forgot what.
I hope everyone had a great summer.
Blessings,
Joe

---