Re: What artist do you feel is the best

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 09:26:49 PDT

In a message dated 8/6/04 12:03:25 PM, lseiler@ez-net.com writes:

> Sad to say as an art teacher, I never really got excited about American Art
> History, even though I was myself an artist for near 27 years...until about
> eight years ago when I took my easel outside to paint.
>
> The difficulties of painting on location in fickel elusive light certainly
> leads one to observe the efforts of others.  From there...I absorbed myself
> into the early history of American Impressionists,

Larry: Great comments! I think that this might be true of many of us, as
well as our students. We can be engaged and appreciative of master artwork
which connects to our current work/lines of thought. Those on this list who are
familiar with my educational leanings will be ready for my comments that our
students are best reached in this manner (through their interests and
directions )and that our own favorite artists may be of little interest to those we
teach. Just a thought...
kathy douglas

---