Re: Vocabulary Magnets

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 04:36:34 PDT

CONGRATULATIONS, Marty!!!!

How about..
  1.. Tint
  2.. Shade
  3.. Tone
  4.. Primary Colors
  5.. Secondary Colors
  6.. Intermediate Colors
  7.. Complementary Colors
  8.. Analogous Colors
  9.. Split complementary
  10.. Intensity
Carolyn Roberts

    Hey Everyone...
    I need some help from you. I'm going to be manufacturing vocabulary magnets....and you'll be first to receive them....if you help me pilot this program.
    1st - Whoever wants to participate, please send me 10 or more words that you intend to use and teach to your students.
    2nd - I am planning on just putting the word on the magnet but I'm open to suggestions.
    3rd - I'm recommending that IF you have a metal grid ceiling or magnetic chalk board that you use them. I use to do the vocabulary magnets for years...and it's time to share this with you...my principal flipped when during an evaluation, I asked kids about different words and heads looked up at the ceiling. I would discuss the word, etc. and then put it on the end of a broom (brush part) and raise it to the ceiling!!! They stuck on the metal grids....it was great. SO...from my silliness comes the new vocabulary magnets and will be sent to participants FREE of charge, except for postage. If you want to play....send me at least 10 words.
    1st ten words =
    Ceramic
    Bone Dry
    Bisqueware
    Plastic clay
    Slip
    Extruder
    Kiln
    Glaze
    Potter's Wheel
    Underglaze

    ok..your turn.
    Night....or good morning...........................mARTy Reid

    Oh yes......news flash for you! Buz and I are now the sole owners of Square 1 Art and we're thrilled with the freedom. We have great new items on the fire....debut at National. See you sometime soon.

leave-artsednet-20359V@lists.getty.edu

---