Re: Moving files between computers

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 22:03:10 PDT

>I have a 1999 imac I love.
>I upgraded it to 60 mb and 256 Ram.
>I find that I have hundreds of lessons on my Mac that I wish were on
>my Windows at work.

I use both Mac and Windows. Nearly all word processing programs
allow us to save word processing files in Rich Text Format (.rtf).
RTF is intended for just this problem. It is also a good to move
Windows files between Word Perfect and Microsoft Word.

If you want to move a Mac file from Claris or AppleWorks to a Windows
word processor:
   Open the Mac file in Claris.or AppleWorks
   Use SAVE AS.
   Before saving, Select the RTF under File format.
   Save
   Windows programs open RTF files with the formatting intact.

These files can be sent from one computer to another as e-mail
attachments or a portable drive of some sort can be used to move
them. If both computers have USB plugs, I suggest using some type of
thumb drive to carry files to school. I have also used my camera
flash card reader with the camera card as a portable drive to move
files to school.

Marvin

---