Re: How are you creating BUYERS of art?
10 Ideas for Creating Buyers of Art
1. talk about buying art, finding meaning in special objects and the importance of financially supporting the business of the arts
2. hand out cards for upcoming local shows (to encourage attendance as well as make students aware that there are such things as artist shows that they may attend when they are older)
3. take field trips to art galleries or outdoor festivals
4. invite parents or community members who work in the arts to speak in the classroom
5. ask local artists for permission to photograph them working or exhibiting work and show to students in Power Point presentations
6. have students journal in their sketchbooks about the topic of buying art
7. show small business art websites with a proxima remote on a big screen
8. do math problems adding up cost of materials, time and price of art works
9. encourage families to frame and display their children's artwork in their homes
10. host a faculty and/or student art show and sale
~ Kathleen Arola
"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life."- Pablo Picasso
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around