Summer Hello and mosaics

---------

From: Mary Bolyard (mbgms678_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 19:56:45 PDT

HI to all my ol' artsednet buddies and any newbies.
I've really been absent for quite a while since
working on my masters and settling in a new home, but
all is settled down and Masters finished!! YAHOOOO!
I'm in the midst of planning a mosaic lesson for my
8th graders ( as requested by them as my 7th graders
last year). They will make a small ceramic pot and
apply broken tiles for a mosaic. Any pointers? I do
have some concerns about how the edges of broken tiles
can be quite sharp. So I am looking for pointers from
anyone that has done this as a project.
 MaryB