Rod Paige Article Supporting Arts Education

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 15:32:08 PDT

Hi All,
    Here is the web address of the recent article in Education Daily
Education Secretary Rod Paige Urges Support for Arts Education
On Thursday, July 22, Secretary Paige sent a letter to all 16,000 school superintendents, urging support for arts education. The two-page letter reaffirms the arts as a core subject of learning and encourages superintendents to use Title I, II and V funds to support the arts. The letter also provides lists of web resources including links to the National Association of Educational Progress (NAEP) Report, critical links, and other resources that demonstrate the impact of arts education.
to see entire article see website below---

 http://www.amc-music.org/

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

---