re:which artists are best

---------

From: Amanda Linn (toasterart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 07:10:56 PDT

You might consider also paying careful attention to
the _intent_ of the artwork... what the artwork is
about- not just what element or principle it visually
supports.

In Sydney Walker's book Teaching Meaning in Artmaking
(davis pub.) she gives a couple of examples of how not
understanding the content of the work might cause a
teacher to misrepresent the work to students. This
idea was HUGE for me when I read this book.

Being able to identify elements and principles in
artworks is, in my opinion, an ART skill.

Being able to unpack the content of an artwork is, in
my opinion, a LIFE skill.

Where would you all place the 2 in Bloom's ?

Just thinking about it all,
Amanda

=====
The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of crisis, have no opinion- Dante Alighieri