Amazing Exhibit of Contemporary African Art

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 06:10:26 PDT

Greetings ArtsEdNetters,

I received word from Universes in Universe that they
have a majority of the Africa Remix Exhibit
online....it is a MUST SEE.

From Gerhard Haupt and Pat Binder:

"Africa Remix", the large exhibition on contemporary
art from Africa, opened on 24 July at the museum kunst
palast in Dusseldorf. It will then
travel to London, Paris and Tokyo.

*** Photo Tour ***
In our extensive photo report you will find works by
73 artists, exhibition views, portraits, photos from
the opening event, as well as the list of artists and
further information on the show:
http://universes-in-universe.de/specials/africa-remix/english.htm

I looked up the museum a while back and they don't
have much on it:
http://www.museum-kunst-palast.de/eng/sites/s3s1.asp
I do like LeChef: by Samuel Fasso:
http://www.museum-kunst-palast.de/eng/sites/s3s64s2.asp

Enjoy your tour - This will be linked to my Africa
links page (even though I know it will only remain on
Universes in Universe for a short time. I plan
to see if I can find web sites for some of the artists
in this exhibit.

I hope this helps you update your African art lessons.
Links have been added to my African Art Links page and
my African Art Interent lesson launch page.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com