Making art prints for your room (Jackie)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 15:17:29 PDT

Greetings Jackie and all,

How "legal" do you want to be? Making art prints for
your room from digital images you find online goes
beyond "Fair Use" as I am assuming you intend to use
them for more than one class and for more than one
year. (copyright fair use guide lines are very easy to
find online -- and links have been posted several
times)

If you want to be 100% legal. Email the sites for
permission to print the images - especially living
artists. For dead guys - there are many print sources
available that are very affordable. By the time you
print off a large poster you could have close to the
cost of a similar print from Art Image Publications -
when you consider the cost of ink and laminiating
film. You are fairly safe printing off images from
long dead guys - but some museums get very touchy
about you printing off images in their collections (as
they only offer black and white images for study). If
you want Mona Lisa - go ahead and make a copy - the
Louvre will not come after you.

I do have links to public domain information on my
site....I am just too lazy right now to find them for
you...besides, I am suppose to be getting dinner
ready.

Judy Decker