Educational Interactive Sites to explore (Renaissance - Music - Chicago)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 10:41:08 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

I am "testing" now to see if this way of posting works....putting several
links in one post.

Here are some great interactive - Interdisciplinary sites for kids:

The Renaissance Connection - SUPER site for Middle School -- Includes
interdisciplinary lesson plans - check them all out (all art related) - and
get with your core teachers. Renaissance was taught at 8th grade level in
socila studies at my school:
http://www.renaissanceconnection.org/
Flash or html verion (Flash is much more fun) - interactive educational web
site. With the simple click of a mouse button, travel 500 years into the
past to discover many Renaissance innovations revealed through the Allentown
Art Museum's Samuel H. Kress Collection of European art.

This site is linked on my Age of Discovery Page - Middle Ages - Renaissance
Art Links...also on my 8th grade Renaissance lesson plan. Those of you who
do Perspective lessons may want to take a look at the Interactive and lesson
plan.

OddMusic.com:
http://www.oddmusic.com
Oddmusic.com is for anyone interested in unique, unusual, ethnic, or
experimental music and instruments. - Showcasing the sounds, music, and
instruments of artists and artisans from around the globe.

This site it linked on my Comprehensive Arts page and on World Cultures
page.

Chi-Town- My Chicago (especially for Jill "BluesTruth" on Getty list)
http://www.chicagohistory.org/mychicago/
My Chicago - Interactive site for children age 6 to 12 - uses the symbols
and design of the Chicago flag to explore the city's rich and diverse
history. Use with a lesson on architecture to explore the city skyline. Site
developed by the Chicago Historical Society.

I have added a link to this site on my Just for Kids page.

There is no way I will remember to tell you all of the links I add if I hold
off an post once a week. So I hope the "clusters" approach is a good
alternative. I have added numerous links this summer..... too many to
mention.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/