Social Comment - Political Concerns- Lesson Plan updated on IAD

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 08:31:00 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Getty ArtsEdNet Talk list got a conversation going on political issues in
art. As a result, I have updated the lesson submitted by Sara Gant:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Sara-social.htm
Sergio Hernandez and Steve Shepard gave me permission to use their art on
this lesson plan. Also see the Email Interview done with Jennifer Bird's
students and Sergio:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Sergio.htm
I would like to have more student/artist interviews on the site with lesson
plans using the artists' work.

I have linked four contemporary artists for your enjoyment and will leave it
up to you to find the historical examples you wish to use. If there is more
interest (meaning someone submits student work) I will do more work on the
lesson plan. Sara submitted it as a general unit - you pick the medium you
want to use with students. You put in your own curriculum objectives - and
connect to National Standards.

Thanks Sara for getting this started. This is a lesson where "It's the
thought that counts".....but might not match your sofa (smile).

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department (IAD)
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources