Re: Sketchbooks for HS art classes

---------

From: Heather Leal (rayleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Aug 01 2004 - 18:55:30 PDT

I like that solution! I am in middle school and give sketchbook packets
every 10 days or so that are made from regular copy paper folded in
half and stapled. They turn one in and get another. They save them in
their portfolio after I grade them and at the end of the year we make
covers and bind them together. I went to that system because too many
lost them when I tried to have them keep a book and too many individual
assignments got lost before binding. But I really like the idea of
making a cover that the books slip into while being worked on. They
don't always value the packets until they are put together into the
books and some regret that they didn't take better care of them as the
year goes on when they make the book and it doesn't have as much in it
as other kids' books do. I would love to have our copy center bind
maybe a months worth of packets together for me at a time. I'll have to
look into that.
Thanks for the idea -
Heather

On Aug 1, 2004, at 5:35 PM, Mbhirst@aol.com wrote:

> I just got back from vacation and want to reply to this sketchbook
> post to tell you all about the great sketchbooks my students made last
> year (and will make again this year). I had my school's copy services
> bind 60 pages of blank copy paper together with cover stock on front
> and back.

---